Google

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Recipe - Southekaayi Gojju (Cucumber Gojju) - Version1

This is a easy recipe to cook and takes hardly 10 minutes to prepare. This is one of the ways to prepare. I will publish the other ways to make the gojju in subsequent blogs.

By the way, I donot know what they call gojju in English. I will be really greatful if anybody can tell me!.

Preparation Time : 10 minutes.

Ingredients :
1. Kadle bele(Bengal Gram): 1 and ½ spoons
2. Menthya(Fenugreek): 1/2 spoon
3. Dhaniya: 1/2 spoon
4.Vonamenasina kaayi (Red Chillies): 5-6
5.Southekaayi (Cucumber): 1
6. Hunasehannu (Tamarind): 1 tablespoon.
7. Uppu (Salt):as per taste.
8. Bella (Jaggery/Brown Sugar): as per taste.
9. Ingu(Asafoetida): A little
10 Saasve(Mustard): 1 spoon.
11 Yenne(Oil): 1 spoon whichever oil you use for daily cooking.

How to Prepare:
1. Fry kadle bele, menthya, dhaniya, red chillies till light brown.Donot use oil.
2. Grind the above ingredients into a fine powder.
3. Cut cucumber into small pieces.
4. Mix salt, tamarind and Jaggery with water.
5. Add the powder and the cut cucumber to the water and mix well.
6. Use ingu, saasve for garnishing with a spoon of oil.

Servings : Eat with rice. Serves about 4 people.

PS1 : The names of ingredients is how they are called in Kannada , my mother tongue. Their English equivalents are given in brackets.

PS2 : The recipes that I am posting are those which I have tried personally and have out turned well. They are recipes that I am collecting from my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins and my husband.

PS3 : I think I have covered whatever needs to be covered. Please let me know if you would like to see any changes in the way the recipes are presented.

PS4 : Enjoy your cooking. I definitely am enjoying it immensely!

1 comment:

UjjU said...

Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Naanu thumbadinagalinda hudkthayidhe. Anyway, Gojju doesn't have an English equivalent. It's a kind of Gravy ashte.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama