Google

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Recipe - Gasagase Payasa (Khus Khus Kheer)

Preparation Time : 15 minutes.

Ingredients :
1.Gasagase(Khus Khus) :4 spoons
2.Akki (Rice) :2 spoons
3.Badami(Shelled Almonds) :5-6 numbers
4.Elakki(Cardamom) :a little
5.Jaggery(recommended) or Sugar : As per your taste(Depends on how sweet you want the kheer to be).
6. Thuppa (Ghee) : 1 table spoon.
7. Godambi (Cashew Nuts) : 5-6.
8. ONa Drakshi (Dry grapes/ Raisins) : about 10 grams.
9. Hasi kobbari(Dessicated Coconut) : 3-4 spoons.
10. Haalu(Milk) : 1 glass.
11. Kesari(Saffron) : a little.
12. Paccha Karpura(Edible camphor) : very little.

How to Prepare:
1. Soak Khus Khus , rice,badami and elakki in water for about 2 hours.
2. Grind the soaked khus khus, rice, badami, elakki and dessicated coconut into a fine paste.
3. Boil the paste in water along with jaggery or sugar and edible camphor.
4. After about 1 boil , add milk and boil again.
5. Fry the godambi, drakshi in ghee and add to the boiled kheer.
6. Add a little saffron.

Servings : 4 - 6 glasses.

PS1: : Use either jaggery or sugar not both. The kheer however tastes best if you use jaggery.

PS2 : Jaggery is also called as brown sugar.

PS3 : Saffron and Paccha Karpura are optional.

PS4 : The names of ingredients is how they are called in Kannada , my mother tongue. Their English equivalents are given in brackets.

PS5 : The recipes that I am posting are those which I have tried personally and have turned well. They are recipes that I am collecting from my mother ,mother-in-law, aunts , uncles, friends, cousins and my husband.

PS6 : I think I have covered whatever needs to be covered. Please let me know if you would like to see any changes in the way the recipes are presented.

PS7 : Enjoy your cooking. I definitely am enjoying it immensely!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome.. Keep Going...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Posting.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama