Google

Monday, July 9, 2007

Paris Hilton

I am totally new in this country, and want to know learn more about this country, its history, culture etc. What do you think is the best and the fastest medium to learn about these? It is of course the TV. That’s what I did too . I went and switched on the TV.

What did I see? A major disaster had struck! And what was that disaster? Paris Hilton had been charged for DUI (Driving Under Influence) and would be sent to prison!!!!

Every time I switched to ANY channel at ANY time of the day, I got to hear something about her.

On the news channels, I got to know things like what Paris ate, what was her hairstyle, what did she do, how did she spend her time, what did she wear, what did she say? Did she laugh? Did she cry? Were her nails chipped? Was the food healthy enough? Did she lose weight in the prison? How much are the prison authorities spending to ensure her safety in the prison? etc. etc etc.

That was only news that happened here as long as Paris was in the prison.

I don't want to listen the P word anymore. I switch onto some other channel, and I saw jokes being made about her.

Switch onto some OTHER channels and hours were spent debating if it was right that she was sent to the prison or not!

Apparently, Paris Hilton is more important and newsworthy than the president, more important than the war crisis with Iraq that the US is into right now, more important than even the presidential campaign that is currently underway.

So, in the first few weeks until she was released from her prison, if you had asked me what I know about the US during those weeks, I would have said PARIS HILTON ! Cos that was only what I got to see :).

If you guys out there don't know what I'm talking about and have become curious, Don't ask me!

2 comments:

Sharyathi said...

Ha Ha what we can say from here...We can just say we are not curious to know more.

I had a similar experience when I was there for a few days that time it was Jessica Simpson, now dont ask who is she :-)
Sharyathi

Unknown said...

Moral of the Story! Dont watch TV.. there are better things to do :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama