Google

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Recipe - Haalu MeNasina Saaru(Black Pepper Rasam)

Description: Haalu MeNasina Saaru is once again a very easy and tasty rasam to prepare and takes only about 15 minutes max. It is very good for health. Infact, back in India, it is something that is given for people recovering from fever and other minor ailments. You can eat it with rice or just drink it like a soup.

Preparation Time : 5 minutes.

Cooking Time : 10 minutes.

Ingredients:
1.Kari Menasina pudi (Black Pepper Powder): 3-4 teaspoons.
2.Jeerige Pudi (Cumin seeds Powder): 2-3 teaspoons.
3.Sasive (Mustard): 1 teaspoon
4.BelluLli (Garlic): about 20 florets or as per taste (chopped)
5.Uppu (Salt): As per your taste.
6. Bella/ Sakkare (Brown Sugar / Sugar): a little
7. Enne/Thuppa (Oil/Ghee): 2 tablespoons.
8. Haalu (Milk): 1 Glass
9. Karibevu (Curry Leaves): a little

How to Prepare:
1. Heat the oil/ghee and fry the mustard till it sputters.
2. Add the pepper powder, cumin powder and the curry leaves.
3. Add the garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.
4. Add milk, salt and brown sugar and boil the mixture till it becomes a little thick.

Servings: 2 - 3 Servings.

PS1: The names of ingredients are how they are called in Kannada, my mother tongue. Their English equivalents are given in brackets.

PS2: The recipes that I am posting are those that I have tried personally and have turned out well. They are recipes that I am collecting from my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins and my husband.

PS3: I think I have covered whatever needs to be covered. Please let me know if you would like to see any changes in the way the recipes are presented.

PS4: Enjoy your cooking. I definitely am enjoying it immensely!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Ohh I love reciepes! Thanks I'll definitely try this out

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama