Google

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Recipe - Beetroot Soup

Description: As always a very easy and tasty soup ! Takes only about 20 minutes and best of all… its really tasty and nutritious! You can serve this soup hot or cold. Add a few breadcrumbs if serving hot and cream or curd if serving cold.

Preparation Time : 10 minutes.

Cooking Time : 15 minutes.

Ingredients:
1. Beetroot:1
2. Carrots: 2
3. Tomato: 1
4. alogaDde (Potato): 1
5. belluLli (Garlic): 2-3 florets
6. IruLli (Onion): 1
7. uppu (Salt) : as per taste
8. kari meNasina pudi (Black Pepper Powder): 1-2 teaspoons or as per taste
9. kottaMbari soppu(Coriander): a little.

How to Prepare:
1. Cut, peal and boil all the vegetables in a pressure cooker. Let the vegetables cool for a while. The lid of the blender might be blown off if you try to blend the vegetables when they are hot.
2. Add the pepper powder, salt and blend the boiled vegetables in a blender.
3. Add a little hot water if the soup is very thick at the time of blending.
4. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve either hot or cold.
5. Boil/microwave the soup once again if you want to serve it hot at a later time. Garnish the soup with coriander and breadcrumbs just before serving.
6. Refrigerate the soup for sometime if serving cold. Add fresh cream or curd just before serving.

Servings: 2 - 3 Servings.

PS1: The names of ingredients are how they are called in Kannada, my mother tongue. Their English equivalents are given in brackets.

PS2: The recipes that I am posting are those that I have tried personally and have turned out well. They are recipes that I am collecting from my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins and my husband.

PS3: I think I have covered whatever needs to be covered. Please let me know if you would like to see any changes in the way the recipes are presented.

PS4: Enjoy your cooking. I definitely am enjoying it immensely!

No comments:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama