Google

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Recipe - BenDekaai BaaLaka (Ladies Finger / Okra Fry)

Description: Bendekaayi Fry is one of the easiest dishes to prepare and it tastes yummy! You can eat it with Chapattis, Rotis or Curd Rice. Most of the times, we end up eating it just like that!

Preparation Time : 10 minutes.

Cooking Time : 15 minutes.

Ingredients:
1.Bendekaayi (Ladies Finger): 1/2 Kg.
2.Jeerige Pudi (Cumin seeds Powder): 1 tablespoon
3.Dhaniya Pudi (Cilantro Powder): 1 tablespoon
4.Accha Menasina Pudi (Red Chilli Powder): 1 spoon or as per taste
5.Uppu (Salt): As per your taste.
6. Palya Pudi/ Garam Masala /Curry Powder: 1 spoon (This is optional)
7. Enne (Oil): 3 tablespoons.
8. Nimbe Rasa (Lemon Juice): A Little.

How to Prepare:
1. Cut the bendekaayis into 2 halves (This saves both cutting and cooking time).
2. Fry the Bendekaayi in oil till it loses its water and starts to turn a little brown.
3. Add the jeerige pudi, dhaniya pudi, menasina pudi, salt and garam masala/curry powder and mix it well.
4. Add lemon juice in the end.

Servings: 2 - 3 Servings.

PS1: The names of ingredients are how they are called in Kannada, my mother tongue. Their English equivalents are given in brackets.

PS2: The recipes that I am posting are those that I have tried personally and have turned out well. They are recipes that I am collecting from my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins and my husband.

PS3: I think I have covered whatever needs to be covered. Please let me know if you would like to see any changes in the way the recipes are presented.

PS4: Enjoy your cooking. I definitely am enjoying it immensely!

No comments:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama