Google

Friday, September 28, 2007

Beep Beep Beep !

It’s turning out to be quite a week!

Yesterday, I was making BenDekaayi BaLaka . I was in the kitchen and hubby was in the hall. Suddenly, we heard loud beeps like that of an alarm clock, only louder.

I continued making my stuff thinking that hubby is tinkering with the clock. Suddenly, I saw hubby running at top speed towards our room. I got curious and went behind him. I saw that he was frantically pulling out something that was fixed on the ceiling and pulling at some wires.

I asked him what had got into him and why he was trying to bring the house down. Hubby told me that he was trying to disable the fire alarm! It had starting off because of the smoke from frying the BaLaka!!!

Till then, I used to think that stories of fire alarms going off due to cooking were only urban legends!

Atleast we now know that the fire alarm actually works in our apartment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL....My friend kept something in the microwave and dozed of in front of the TV. He woke up when he heard someone knocking the door and he found fire fighters at his door steps when he opened the door :) The whole room was covered in smoke, it seems. I missed all that action as the fire brigade had left by the time I reached his place. But even to this day, we make fun of his sleeping skills :)
-RU

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama