Google

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Anger / Possessiveness

I can think of a few instances in my life, when I have been hit by intense feelings of anger and possessiveness. I'll try and recount a few that I remember even now.

Instance 1
Sometime during my school days, one of my school friends (I don't even remember his name now) called my dad appa (father). I was so angry with him, that I started fighting with him for that! My dad consoled me saying that that was how some people spoke. It did not necessarily mean that he would become his dad :). That calmed me down a bit*.

Even now, when some of my friends call my parents appa or amma or my sister as their sister, I think, NO WAY DUDE! THEY ARE MY PARENTS! OR SHE IS MY SISTER NOT YOURS!!

Instance 2
This happens whenever I come to know that one of my cousins’ or very close friends say that they are getting married. The first emotion is, I’m really happy for them !! and then when I see their future fiancés, I feel this bout of intense anger !!! I get really really angry with them for stealing away my cousin or friend and that I have to share them now** !.

I used to think that this was really small of me . But I have come to know that that’s the way a lot of my friends feel too :).

I'm not the only odd one out here! So guys , tell me about instances when you have been hit with these emotions . It’ll make me feel so much better !

**********************************************************
* I'm sure that my father doesn't even remember this incident. It’s still crystal clear in my mind!

**PS for my Bhavas(3 of you) and Attiges(2 of you) and married friends : Don't worry , I get over it in about 5 - 10 minutes after meeting you people :). You guys are too good to be angry with for a long time :-).

PS for all those close to me who are yet to get married : Now you know what I'll be feeling when I see your soul mates for the first time now :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relax Ranji, you are not just the one to with this weird possessiveness...
I used to be very possessive of Ajji and didn't want to share her with any of my cousins, and the intensity would be very high especially during the first few hours of my arrival in B'lore for summer holidays. :D
but it was all let loose when I went visiting cousins' place and funny enough.... at the end of the holidays didn't wanted to come back to ajji mane leaving cousins' behind at their home =))

-Chaitu

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blogarama